Sunday, July 14, 2013

In The Beginning

Hello There


I had planned on starting a running blog roughly since I started running, but I procrastinated. Actually, I procrastinated a lot. Almost two years, to be exact. Then it hit me. The starting point for my first Marathon's training would be a perfect starting point for a blog. So, armed with a beginner training plan, two pairs of running shoes I've started breaking in and some time for reflection, we begin.

My plan is to post at least every week, allowing me to keep tabs my training progress.

Week 1 Recap


Today marked the end of the first of 16 weeks of training. The training plan I'm following calls for 4 days of running, with 3 days of rest/cross-training. Week 1 was actually fairly easy; I logged 17.7 miles, along with 2 days of strength training. The mileage was actually a drop back compared to the previous few months, but as with the race itself, I imagine the first few weeks are supposed to feel easy. There will be plenty of time for tough training weeks in the near future.

No comments: