Sunday, September 15, 2013

Marathon Training Weeks 9-10

A Break in the Weather

I'm so happy I chose a fall marathon. Sure, running in August was brutal, but the past two weeks have been much more pleasant, and that has coincided with the longest runs so far, include today's 18-miler.

Honing in on marathon pace is still a work in progress. The last time I tried, I ended up with 2 miles at MP, and one closer to HMP, instead of the intended 3 miles @ MP.  Practice, practice, practice.

Going Farther Than Ever Before

The last two long runs have been the longest I have ever run (16 and 18 miles, respectively). They have been encouraging, because while I felt tired and sore afterwards, there were no unusual pains. So training has progressed well, and I'm optimistic about it.

Have I Seen You Before?

You know other people in your area are training for a race around the same time when you cross paths with the same person three times during your 18 mile run. Especially when it's two different people. Keep running, neighbors.

No comments: